Creating Brand Positioning Statement for Start-ups
All of us need branding, including for ourselves at a personal level. Apart from companies also. As a start-up, we need cost-effective ways of branding as we don't have much money to spend. I will share tools and pointed suggestions in my next blog as I am also in the process of learning right now.
Your business is a brand or commodity, you decide. If your business is not a brand, it's a commodity, where the price is everything
Spotting an exceptional brand is very easy. Building an exceptional brand, however, can be one of the most overwhelming & elusive challenges organizations face
People have too many choices and too little time.
Human beings take 75 big and small decisions a day. And 80% of the time, a decision is made in a few seconds only. Taking this time for your brand is the effort you need to put in as a start-up
The brand is a living, breathing human being.
- A brand is not your possession, it belongs to the customer
- It is the sum of their feelings, thoughts & Visual memories (+ve & -ve) about your product, service, or company
- People love brands when they can see themselves in it
- It begins with absolute internal clarity about what your brand means to you & what it should be
- And then, scientifically shaping & formalizing the components of a brand in a structured manner
Brand purpose is about answering the question apart from profit
- Why is it that you do what you do?
- What need do you want to fulfill?
- What problem do you solve?